Attendance and Punctuality
We take every opportunity to convey to students and their parents/carers the importance of regular and punctual attendance. We understand that there is a direct correlation between student attendance and student attainment. With this in mind we encourage all of our students to have 100% attendance in order for them to achieve their target grades and beyond.
· Students should be in school by 8.15 a.m. and in their Tutor Room at 8.25 a.m.
· Students who arrive after 8.30 a.m. but before 8.45 a.m. should go to Reception to be registered by a senior member of staff.
· Students who arrive after 8.45 a.m. should go to room MSP2 and report to the Attendance Officer, Ms Hensman.
· Students are not allowed to arrive late for Lesson 1 without a slip, unless they have had a music lesson in school.
· There will be a detention on Saturday morning detention between 9 a.m and 12 noon for students who have been late once in a week if they are on contract.
· The Governors Pastoral and Discipline Committee will interview students who are persistently late.
In the Sixth Form we follow the main school policy for attendance and punctuality which can be found on the main school website under Policies and Procedures or you can click here